Branchial Cleft Cyst Removed..!

In the year 2013 after i had my appendix removed,  a small ball kinda thing pop into my left neck which i felt it connected with my appendix surgery but it turned out that it was completely different.  I was curious and went to doctor for check up. I found out after several test that it is called Branchial Cleft Cyst. What does it mean? This is a rare congenital defect which I 've  had it since BIRTH but never knew it about it until recently.
 It occurs during the fetal development when tissues in the neck and collarbone branchial cleft do not develop normally it may appear as an opening on one or both sids of the neck. I had type 2 with no tract. These tissues form a pocket or a cyst filled with fluid draining into it from within the body. It did not give me any pain,  it was very tiny. The doc said there was nothing to worry about. As the year grew and the small ball in the neck got bigger so after 2 year in May, 2016 i decided to removed it.

On 26th May in Apollo Hospital in Delhi with Dr Rajeev Puri  I took an appointment to do my surgery. I was so scared and nervous. At the same time knowing the fact that he is great Doctor. I kinda had some trust in him. He would do his best. Without much delay i was taken to the operation theatre and i came out after an hour. I was kept in Control Room for 2 hours, there was draining pipe attached on my neck. Later taken to my room. I was told not to eat anything for another 4 hours. After enough of sleep, i woke up feeling very thirsty and had my first sip of water. I felt a little pain on my neck. I was unable to move around my neck. after few hours Doctor came for check up and said i could leave tomorrow.

Next day i woke up and i tried to sit up and felt i was ready to leave the hospital. I had to be back after five days to removed the stitches and drainage pipe from my neck. As per the doctors advice i was able to eat anything, there was no restriction on food. I felt thankful but mostly i ate lots of fruits and salad.  Those five days I was just sleeping a lot and watched lots of films. In the evening I would go out for walks. I was a completely holiday mode.

On the 5th day we came to hospital met the doctor and removed the stitches and drainage pipe.Everting was fine and It was the happiest day..!!  My scar on my neck was not too bad..!! Thanks to the amazing Doctor who did his job well. The reason I recovered quickly was because of getting enough rest and also at a bit exercising that help the healing process.  My family being there for me was the plus point.

Sharing some pictures of my surgery.. Hope you find my post helpful to some of you who will be going through the same surgery.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring love ..!

The gold ring...!