Food with love from Jordan

I've eaten some of the best Arabic food in Jordan. I'll be sharing some of the pictures of the food. They are the most healthy and delicious which i absolutely felt in love. I experienced a completely different culture which was astonishing yet interesting. During the breakfast/lunch I understand in all over the world food is shared with the family sitting in one table and each having a plate of his/her own but what i came across in Jordan was that food is shared from one plate with everyone,even when drinking arabic coffee you drink from one cup. In India there is a saying that if you eat from the same plate or drink from same glass the love increases.  No wonder I felt the Jordanian people were so loving and caring..!!

 The first picture is the breakfast starting the day with falafel, olives, humus, figs, fries etc.



I was invited for a BBQ party and there was chicken and lamb with lots of salads( Taboulleh) . The best thing about food is when you share it with your friends and relatives that makes the food even more tasty. 

Let me introduce you to the most popular dish of Middle east which is called Mansaf. It is a national dish of Jordan. This meal is prepared on special days. It is eaten in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Saudi Arabia.  It is a rice dish cooked with yogurt with chicken or lamb. 

The last dish is one of my favorite and it is called Kabsa. This dish reminded me of Biryani. I found it very delicious and also i guess the credit goes to the chef for making it so good. My stay in Jordan was short but I felt in love with the food and people. This is one memorable trip in my life so far. 

If you happen to travel to Jordan, don't miss out on any of these dishes..!! Food can make you love the country. A happy girl is when her tummy is happy :) Thank you Jordan. Lots of love xx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring love ..!

The gold ring...!